We normally go for more muted/everyday looks and we don’t often venture out into colourful looks – but the Mochi palette has such a beautiful array of colours that how could we not do a bright look! We love the dessert mochi so when we heard that NYX released a Mochi line, we were hyped! The palette costs £18 and you can either get this one (Electric Pastels) or a more neutral one, Sleek and Chic.
Our First Impressions
- Beautiful colours – makes a change from all the neutral palettes we own.
- Soft and squidgy. Really smooth to touch.
- As you can see from the finger swatch, they seem quite pigmented – You get more of a payoff if you use your fingers to apply rather than a brush.
- We feel like this is a better looking palette than any of the ones NYX has previously released.
- The packaging is cute – the holo ‘mochi’ writing is really cute. It does feel light and personally I’m not too keen on the clear lid. It just seems really cheap and like it will break easily.
After creating the above look, we found that we had no fall out on the face at all. We think because of the marshmallow/putty texture, it prevented the shadow from falling out which is a big plus! Anyhoo, we will post a full review on the palette soon! Meanwhile here is the full face look we created – something super easy but colourful enough for a festival this summer. The purple lipgloss is bright and we think finishes this look off nicely!
F A C E
Barry M Liquid Chrome in At First Sight
Barry M Flawless Matte Finish Foundation in Nude 2
Makeup Revolution Conceal + Define C1
LA Girl Pro Conceal in Toast
Barry M Ready Set Smooth Loose Powder
Miss Sporty Instaglow Bronzer 001 Sunkissed Blonde
Sleek Blush by 3 in Lace – Crochet
Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Pearlized in Wisp
E Y E S
MUA Silent Disco eyeshadow palette
NYX Mochi Palette in Electric Pastels
Makeup Revolution Brow Pomade in Graphite
Miss Sporty Pump Up Booster 100% Rock mascara
Barry M Kohl Pencil in White
Eylure Party Perfect lashes – New Look Exclusive
L I P S
Freedom Pro Melts Lip Gloss in Public