We just can’t seem to get enough of dupes – anyone else? This time we thought we would try and find an affordable dupe for our TooFaced lipstick, which we love. Another possible dupe we want to mention is the W7 Mega Matte in Hasta La Vista. We were going to add it in and when swatched on the arm (maybe you can see it faintly on the pic below) it looked very similar. But when applied on the lips, it looked more pink than bright red.
On the Debenhams website (Too Faced is available in Debenhams and is actually cheaper on there than on the actual TF website), Lady Balls is described as a “true red”. On TF’s website, they describe all of their Melted Mattes as “lightweight, long-wearing formula” and “infused with a no-sting lip plumper and filler for color that always looks rich, full, and kissable”.
Sleek also has a general description for all of their Lip VIPs. They are semi-matte so it will dry but not completely so there will still be a sheen left. They claim to be “creamy formula glides on smoothly and evenly” and are “full-coverage colour with staying power”. Also it claims to “include Vitamin E, Shea Butter and Coconut oil to moisturise and nourish lips”.
As you can see the only difference really is the finish of both lipsticks. TF is completely matte whereas the Sleek one is semi-matte so it still has a sheen to it.
Too Faced – Lady Balls
- POSITIVES – cruelty free and completely vegan. Also formulated without parabens or gluten. To know more, click here.
- really pigmented.
- NEGATIVES – the price. It’s just a lot of money, in our opinion
- not as comfortable as the Sleek lipstick – because it is a matte lipstick, it does feel more drying than the other one.
- picks up on dry patches on lips easier – best to use a lip scrub or exfoliate lips before using this.
Sleek – Walk of Fame
- POSITIVES – cruelty free BUT some of their products may not be vegan. Check out this blog for a list of all their products that are vegan.
- quite pigmented.
- feel comfortable on and lightweight.
- NEGATIVES – it feels quite wet. We may just be used to matte finish lipsticks and this is semi-matte but i’m not that keen on it.
- it doesn’t last all day because it is only semi-matte.
- really messy to apply – it seems to spread out a lot easier than any other bullet lipsticks we’ve tried.
O V E R A L L
It’s quite difficult to choose from these two. We love the formula of both the lipsticks – both are pigmented and really pretty on the lips. If you want a lipstick to last long, then the Too Faced one would be better for you. But if longevity isn’t really a problem for you then Sleek would be what we recommend.
Thanks everyone and see you next time!