First and foremost – iiiiiiiiit’s DECEMBER!!!! We love Christmas so we are super hyped for it. That’s why we’ve been MIA recently – sorry about that! We are back now and we are kicking things off a little first impressions using the I Heart Makeup Mint Chocolate Palette and MUA Prism Highlight in Ultra Violet.
So let’s start with the palette itself. It has 16 shades – 7 mattes and 9 shimmers, two of which are duochrome. One is a green/brown shimmer and the other is a green with gold reflects. To be honest, we were initially interested in this palette because we thought it was good Subculture dupe and it does have a few similar shades but now we have it, it only really has a couple that’s similar. It costs £8.99 from either TamBeauty or Superdrug – though as I am writing this, they currently have a 3 for 2 on IHeartMakeupLDN products at Superdrug so maybe check that out first.
Our First Impressions
- We feel like this palette can definitely stand alone and not just be called a dupe for something. The colour combination is giving us festive vibes – the greens, gold shimmer and red just scream Christmas!
- According to the TamBeauty website, it is vegan, cruelty free and gluten free.
- In this look, we only played with the green shades but they worked fine – the shimmers are a tad better than the mattes.
Let’s move on to the highlight! This was one of MUA‘s recent releases. Now we have spoken about our love for MUA highlights in a previous post, so we have played with this a bit.
Our First Impression
- As you can see from the picture, it is blinding! It seems quite powdery at first but once you blend it some more it leaves a pretty lilac/baby pink sheen on the cheeks.
- Super affordable at £4.00
- We think this would be really pretty on the eyes too. It is perfect for a halo or a cut crease.
- It becomes much more metallic when the brush is wet. Because it is powdery, the glitter disperses all over but it still gives you a shine. Whereas when wet, it keep it all in place.
Overall, we can’t wait to play around with these two some more. Especially during this festive season! Again, for a full list of all the products used, please so below and we have also put links on them to make it easier if you want to purchase it.
F A C E
Rimmel London Lasting Finish in Classic Beige 201
Primark PS My Perfect Colour Liquid Concealer in Porcelain
Natural Collections Loose Powder in Neutral Translucent
Makeup Revolution Blush in Love
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
MUA Cosmetics Prism Highlight in Ultra Violet
E Y E S
Freedom Pro Eye Primer
Makeup Revolution Brow Pomade in Graphite
I Heart Makeup LDN Mint Chocolate Palette
L I P S
Makeup Revolution Lip Kit in Echelon