New week, new review! Today we thought we would review for you the NYX Toronto Gift Set. We posted a look using this set the other day so if you are interested in reading that click here.
So this Toronto one is one of the gift sets NYX released for Christmas – they also have other city sets like Moscow, Dublin, Rome and others. We got this particular one because it has a new soft matte lip cream shade. And the NYX lip creams is one of our go to lipsticks because it is just amazing and comfortable. It also contains a shimmer blush, highlight and 4 eyeshadows – two shimmer shadows and two mattes.
Fall Out: very little
P R O S
- The colour combination – because the lip shade is very dark and quite “out there”, the shades of pink really work as it’s quite subtle and definitely allows the lips shine.
- The blush is beautiful. Like we said in our First Impression, it is super pigmented and quite a bright pink so a light hand is necessary. But the shimmer in it is so pretty and really good if you are in a rush. It’s like a highlight and blush combo.
- It is travel friendly – obviously if you don’t want just have the grey lipstick you can always bring a nude shade but it’s handy for travelling.
C O N S
- The highlight – at first we thought it was pretty but after using it a couple of times, we found it just not as blinding as we would have liked. The shimmer in it is quite chunky so when applied on the face, it just distributes it all over rather than the area you want it to be.
- The shimmer eyeshadows are quite chunky and does fall out – not really a con for us as most shimmer shadows tend to need fixing spray anyway to keep in place but it’s worth noting.
We think this city set or really any of the NYX City Set is worth getting – we certainly would love to get more if we can find them. Mainly because NYX eyeshadows and highlight are more expensive than the set. And if you are new to NYX and just want to try them out, then this is perfect for you. It’s just a nice intro to the brand.
That’s all for now folks!