MUA (MakeUp Academy) is one of our most favourite makeup brands. I think it’s exclusively sold in Superdrug but they do have their own website so if ever you can’t find a certain item in store, definitely try out their website.
It is super affordable and the quality of their products are good too. The MUA highlighters are super – that’s why we have quite a few. And really, why not? The Shimmer Highlight (left picture) cost £3 and it’s so blinding – totally worth it! The formula of these highlighters are smooth and with some of them, you just need to do one swipe and it does the job. Another great thing about the highlighters is that they’ve have a good selection for all skin tones. There are some ice-y shades for you pale lovelies and gorgeous deep shades for dark skinned beauties. They’ve also recently released their Prism collection with more highlights both powder and liquid. So let’s break it down!
Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter
- Aqua Shine – This was one of the highlighters they released in time for Halloween. They also had a black one and one called Amethyst – not seen either one of these in any of the Superdrug we’ve been so we just got Aqua Shine. This was great during Halloween especially if you dressed up as a mermaid or unicorn. It’s not really an ‘everyday’ highlight and definitely more of a fun one to play with. I think it may be great as eyeshadow.
- Ice Sparkle – Again this is more of a fun highlight, on us. We used this on our Ice Queen look for Halloween and it was really pretty. This particular one is really pigmented so if you want to try and use this as an everyday, be really light handed with it.
- Radiant Cashmere – One of our faves – as you can see, the top of it looks very used! This was actually the first highlight we ever bought. Mainly because it could work for both of us. It’s a beautiful golden/copper colour that works really well with medium skin tones. This is also really good on the shoulders during the summer – it gives a wonderful sheen that reflects in the sun.
- Pink *Shimmer – Silly me! Even typing all of this now and knowing I’ve got it wrong, my brain is still convinced it’s “glimmer” 🤦🏽♀️. This one is not as blinding as Radiant Cashmere. It has a more subtle shine whereas Radiant Cashmere is a more metallic shine. Still gorgeous nonetheless and perfect if you have pale skin.
- Pearlescent Sheen – Our least used out of all these. If you are looking for a more muted version on Ice Sparkle, then this is the highlight for you. On the pan, it looks white but when you move it around, you can see the blue shift to it. We just find it a bit too powdery and doesn’t have a buttery or smooth texture like the others.
Let’s move on to our OTHER MUA highlighters!
- MUA Luxe Strobe & Glow Highlight Kit in Pearl Gold – This duo of both cream and powder highlight is from the Luxe range and is £5. This one isn’t something we reach for all the time but when we do we’re always quite surprised. We’ve not had the best experience with MUA Luxe but this has been a pleasant surprise. We never use the cream or the powder on their own. We always lay down the cream highlight as a base and add the powder on top. For some reason the cream is more blinding than the powder so when mixed, it all works better.
- MUA Prism Highlighter Ultra Violet – This is one of their 5 new releases. To be honest we’ve not played around with this enough to make our minds up. It seems very pretty and we love anything that has a purple/lavender/lilac colour! The only thing that winds me up about it is that it is being advertised as holographic when it isn’t. It’s packaging has holo aspects and it is a duochrome highlight but NOT holo!
- MUA Undress Your Skin Liquid Glow Champagne – We use this under foundation a lot for a glowy look. This mixed with body lotion is just beautiful! it just gives you a healthy glow all over. It doesn’t show up on the swatch but when it’s dispersed on the face, it has a few glitter bit. Not huge chunks of glitter but certainly a few flecks here and there so if you aren’t into that just a heads up!
] ] Sorry this is such a long one! But we wanted to share what we thought about them to you all!
See you next time!